Saturday, August 29, 2009

10 Honest Things...AND an Award!


Thanks, Momza, for hitting me up with this one. (I really LIKE awards.)

Okay. 10 Honest Things About Me:

1. I'm a binge reader. Sometimes. When I let myself be.
2. I'm a binge writer. Most of the time. And I usually give in to it. (Hey, at least there's a finished product, right?)
3. I'm a fairly mediocre cook (or maybe a better word is unadventurous). I can make a few things well, but it takes me ages to perfect a recipe, and total culinary disasters are my specialty.
4. I'm always either dieting or rebelling against the need to diet.
5. Without my glasses, I can't even see the eye chart, let alone the big E.
6. I dislike almost every one of Oprah's book selections. (And I'm not too fond of Oprah these days, either.)
7. I am something of a nienie-phile.
8. At times, my humor can be slightly irreverent and/or even a bit caustic. (The mom/grandma in me monitors this pretty carefully as compared to my younger self, though.)
9. I've been known to use music, candles, and certain favorite aromas as mood-altering substances. (For a knock-out punch, I add the scriptures to this mix.) Read applicable poem here.
10. I can be funny/flat, sweet/sarcastic, spiritual/worldly, flexible/opinionated, loyal/exacting, determined/casual, thoughtful/pushy, accepting/picky, kind/confrontational, hopeful/angst-ridden, curious/bored, creative/shut-down, compassionate/self-absorbed, talkative/introspective, lofty/earthy, gregarious/reclusive, realistic/a dreamer, and...(you may consider this list as exhibit A)...honest.

So that's the scoop on granny sue. Now that I've blown the lid off my image, I hope others of you will consider doing the same. Just grab the award, stick it on your blog, and go for the self-disclosure gusto! I mean, what's the worst that can happen? (Besides having all your followers desert you en masse and rip your buttons ignominiously from their blogs, that is...)

;)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome! I wish I'd had that poem last year when I taught seminary! I may have to try this tag!

Darlene said...

Might I add--comforting/exasperating?

Mom

Susan Anderson said...

Thanks, Mom. Now, when is it that I am exasperating? Inquiring minds would like to know!

=)

Susan Anderson said...

On second thought...maybe that's a dangerous question to ask in such a public forum. heehee

Call me. ;)

karen said...

We're a lot alike, Miss Sue. We'd be a little dangerous, but we sure would laugh a lot. Oh, and for the record: Red Light, Green Light? Engineer Bill, you silly girl. I used to have milk spilled all over me!

Fiauna said...

I love this! (Oh, and I don't like Oprah much these days either.)

Snarky Belle said...

It's just me, lovin' you! :)

Grandma Honey said...

I thought I was the only one who didn't like Oprah's book selections!

Karen said...

Years ago I bought the Toni Morrison book that Oprah suggested - Then Jen told me I would hate it and it was a filty book - I read 2 pages and threw it away. Im
loovvee books and to this day that is the only book I have thrown away and the only Oprah selection I have bought!

Love the 10 honest things. Might try it too.

Hugs,
Karen