Thursday, August 20, 2009

Smoothing Like an Ocean Stone (Chris O'Brien)



I've gotten quite a few private e-mail responses to yesterday's post on waves. (Apparently, I am not the only one who finds the ocean both healing and soothing.) Additionally, as a couple of readers mentioned, the ocean can also be smoothing.


Have you ever seen a piece of sea glass, with all the sharp edges worn off? That's what I'm aiming for, and Chris O'Brien says it best in the video posted below for your listening pleasure. Be sure to click off my playlist (in the red box on the right sidebar, near the bottom of this post) so you can hear the great lyrics. You're gonna like this guy.


What do you think? Are you a Chris O'Brien fan, too?

=)

"I'm breaking like the waves; you know, I'm dragging like the days, and I am smoothing like an ocean stone."

"My love speaks softly to me, when love is holding on to that little piece of truth."

"The music sets her soul to dance."

(Each of these last two lines is worthy of its own post.)

And I'll be writing them. Soon.

PS. My youngest son is having surgery at 2:00 PM today. Probably nothing dire, but I'd really appreciate the prayers of anyone and everyone so inclined.

10 comments:

Em said...

mmmm, i didn't want to leave the beach when we took brennan on our trip. i just wanted to sit in the sand, smell the salt, and hear the waves.

karen said...

I'll be thinking about you and your son. I hope all goes well. You would think I'd be a smooth stone by now, but I've still got lots of rough edges.

jen said...

Hugs and prayers your way. Hope all is well and routine.

Unknown said...

Oh, I'll be thinking about your son today. Please keep us posted!
Thanks for my mini-poem today. :)

Heather Anderson said...

That is one of my favorite songs. I like the album version better because the girl singing with him adds a lot. This one is cool too though.

Respectfully Submitted,

Matthew D. Anderson

Karen said...

Prayers are winging upwards for your family - Hope all turns out well.

NBlake said...

Nice song!

Lisalulu said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your play list, AND the cd's you made me! so relaxing thank you so much, makes my commute calm and my sunday more spiritual. thank you. I think of you often and your family that is loved so much. hope all goes well today. loved the comment a week ago from your granddaughter who expressed her love to you.

Anonymous said...

I love sea glass too. In fact I plan on painting my bedroom in my new house that color :)

Momza said...

My soul is intertwined with the ocean I believe. Being born in Miami, FL, I know I spent a good deal of my childhood on the shores and in the waves.
Even now, when we get close to the ocean, all I want to do is take a nap...the lapping of the water is hypnotizing to me.
Lovely post!