Monday, February 13, 2012

Wildfire


Okay, better late than never, right? I've had kind of a crazy weekend, so I'm turning the Saturday Centus into a Monday one. Hope Jenny doesn't mind! This time around we get to use 100 words plus the prompt, in red. The couple in this poem are soon to be wed, and they are enjoying a blazing romance... ;)

∞§∞

Wildfire
©2012 Susan Noyes Anderson

Baby, your love is hot, hot, hot.
My heart’s a forest fire.
You’re so incendiary that
I’m burning with desire.

Your flame licks deep inside my soul
with tongues of torrid heat.
Your kisses crackle, snap, and pop.
They make my life complete.

You sizzle when I touch you, and
your handprint scorches me.
Spontaneous combustion is
a possibility.

That’s why I think it’s safer if
we change our wedding venue.
Baked Alaska, fine; baked wedding guest?
Not on our menu!

If the wedding was at the firehouse,
we’d all be safe, no doubt.
But is it worth it? Geez, what if
they put our wildfire out?

∞§∞

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was such fun to read, love the beat of it and so many of the words painting pictures of a really really hit pair, lol.

Unknown said...

Ooh, I need a cold shower now to cool me down!

;)

Unknown said...

That was too cute! Very clever!

Brian Miller said...

whew....is it getting ho tin here or is it just me...smiles....still might have gone with the pic you know...smiles....

def nice beat to your words and some fun along the way...smiles.

happy monday!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

OH!!! That was fabulous.
I had to fan myself a few times!

AWESOMENESS!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

This was great!! my favorite one so far!

Ames said...

You should find someone to write the music to go with your lyrics. That would be a great song!~Ames

karen said...

So cute! You and Dave are little hotties!

Grandma Honey said...

I really like this one! And when the music came on I laughed. Perfect!

Grandma Honey said...

I'm really curious...how do you find such good songs to match? Do you just think them up yourself?

CB said...

I think I need to go turn on the A/C - Hot Hot Hot indeed!!

So cute I loved it.

Erika said...

How cute. Baked Alaskan is better than cooked guests any day:)

Erika
It’s a Wrap Link Party at Artful Rising

21 Wits said...

Oh yeah, I can tell by the sound of your music too, that your wildfire - love is just way too hot to ever be put out!

yaya said...

I had to go take off my sweater! Thanks for the warm up on Valentine Eve!

Connie said...

Who ARE these people? Oh yeah, they're just getting married. Now I understand! :) fun poem.

Darlene said...

So clever, positively witty! How I did enjoy reading this little ditty. Your take on it was absolutely inspiring. That you can keep on doing these centus things so well each and every week is something I will never be able to understand, but hey, I'm glad you can as you do entertain a whole lot of people. More power to you!!!

Stef said...

Ha. Love the last line...

Claudia said...

You are one talented Lady. Yes I too had to take my sweater off. So cute and I love the music!!!!

Stacy said...

Happy Valentine's Sue! Love the poem....

BTW it is a top loader.

anitamombanita said...

you're so clever!!! This was HOT!

Jenny said...

Clever, clever, clever! Loved this Sue!

What neat visuals you painted here.

And now, I'm having a hot flash!

Wow!