Tuesday, February 14, 2012

You Rock Me Solid


You Rock Me Solid

Not only do you rock, you are one––
That’s the honest truth.
I oughta know; you’ve had my back
since we were in our youth.

You’ve stood by me through thick and thin…
up, down, and sideways, too.
I’ve never known a day alone
since I hooked up with you.

You hold me tight when late at night
my courage turns to fear.
You check on silly, scary sounds
that only I can hear.

You always seem to smooth the way
when my road gets too bumpy.
You love me for myself: the good and bad,
the glad and grumpy.

You’re solid and I know it, and
that knowledge sets me free
to know that I can trust your heart
with every part of me.

Not only do you rock, you are one––
firm as any boulder.
And yet, the softest spot in all my world
is on your shoulder.


Happy Valentine's Day, Dave.
I love you.

=)

{u rock me solid}

17 comments:

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Sweet post and poem. Happy Valentine's Day!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful poem. Happy Valentine's Day. xxx

Brian Miller said...

lovely...i hope that today is filled with love even if you are apart....

Unknown said...

love this poem! Very nice!

jen said...

What made this post is the music choice. That took me by surprise!

Unknown said...

So sweet. Solid but not 'stoney' right? Love it.

karen said...

Dave will love that poem! Hope you at least get to have a romantic phone call with your boy today.

karen said...

Oh, I get the song choice. We came of age in the 70's. It's kind of the soundtrack to our lives and love, in a way. Fun choice - takes me back.

Unknown said...

I so love this! What a wonderful man you have!

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

How wonderful Sue that you wrote this beautiful poem for Dave.
I am so happy that you two are a Happy couple
Happy Valentines Day dear Sue
Love
Maggie

CB said...

Oh I bet your husband loved this!!

It's a lucky lucky woman and a blessed woman too who has a solid man in her life!

Hope you and your rock are having a wonderful Valentine's day!

LeAnn said...

Beautiful as always, Sue. You are such a wonderful poet. Loved this one!

anitamombanita said...

sweet sweet sweet and I know it's oh so true! Happy Valentine's Day!

Darlene said...

I hope you told him he had to read your blog today. How I love that poem, and it suits Dave to a "T". You know how I have always loved that guy. It's too bad that you weren't able to be together today, but I'm sure he understands. In fact, he is the most understanding person I know besides my own Dick.

See you soon!

Grandma Honey said...

I'm sure he loved this!

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

Awesome, Sue! Loved it!

Tonya said...

How sweet! :) I'm always a little extra thankful for men when there are scary noises to check out! :)