Monday, May 4, 2009

I've Landed, and the Natives Are Friendly



How cute are these two? They are my oldest son and my youngest grandson, and they have just finished dancing around the kitchen to the song stylings of Matisyahu, a Hasidic Jew who bleeds Rastafarian and lays down reggae rap like nobody's business. (Emily was the one who turned me on to this guy, but my son has been listening to him for a year or so.) Good music.  

As you can probably guess, your old friend Granny Sue is enjoying herself immensely. Having said that, I have a feeling I'm going to sleep very well tonight...

Down side is that I am missing Dancing with the Stars in favor of the Laker game. A poor trade-off, but I am being a good sport about it so I can command the TV tomorrow night for Idol.

My cookie diet is a little harder here, because Heather's visiting teachers have lined up meals for the next few nights. The first dinner had some saucy-looking potatoes that were calling my name pretty loudly, but so far so good. I even resisted the ooey-gooey homemade brownies, which makes me proud. =)

The patient is continuing to improve, so full speed ahead to Tuesday!

=)

8 comments:

Snarky Belle said...

Happy to hear you made it to your destination safe and sound, and that the patient is doing well!
Love the picture of two of your men. I understand your missing DWTS, but you do understand I don't even watch the show...I look to Sue for recaps..it's ok, I'll survive. :)

You resisted the brownies?!? And they were ooey gooey...I am IMPRESSED!

jen said...

I'm with Natalie. You resisted brownies? Kudos to you, and not the Quaker kind, either.
Since they announced in RS on Sunday that I'm in bed (where have people been for the last three weeks?), we've had fruit, meals, cookies, and homemade cinnamon rolls (which I must admit that I DIDN'T resist!). You must be superhuman Granny Sue!
Hope your DIL recovers quickly, and that you enjoy every second with those little blond boys!

karen said...

It looks like you're having fun,and your grandson is adorable! You didn't miss much with DWTS. I think the cowboy will be the one to go this week. The judges were underwhelmed with his rhumba. The ballet girl (I can't remember anyone's name!) was brilliant. I think she'll win. Have a wonderful visit, and congrats on your will power! I'm taking notes.

Momza said...

Vacations are the best...hope you thoroughly enjoy yours!!!!

Em said...

i love that you are jamming is matisyahu. we strolled with it today on our walk. i found a jeep jogger stroller for $99 on sale at sears. i sold my other one for the same price and had sean put the new one together. it plays my ipod. i'm in heaven. and it has a steering wheel for the pork loin. i can't believe your inner strength, ooy gooey brownies. not sure i could have resisted. i know i couldn't have had there been white choc chips in them. were there white choc chips in them?

Fiauna said...

Oh, no. Don't let those pesky Relief Society women derail your cookie diet.

As for DWTS, I'm almost over it--meaning, I'm ready for it to be finished. Tired of Melissa of The Bachelor fame. I don't know, she just bugs me.

Kristin said...

matt is looking good with that goatie. Hope Heather will feel better soon. You are the best mother-in-law ever!

Unknown said...

Oh the dasardly Relief Society and their yummy food derails all diets!! Have fun with those grandbabies!