Friday, April 21, 2017

A Postcard Wave


©2017 Susan Noyes Anderson

Just jotting down a word or two
to let you know that I love you
and miss you, too, if truth were told.
(The bathroom grout is sprouting mold.)

Just blowing kisses o'er the sea,
hoping you'll blow some back at me.
I've also blown a bit of cash.
(Got super bored and drained our stash.)

No need to fret. I'm A-OK.
Don't hurry home and save the day.
I'm muddling along just fine.
(Wait! When's that income tax deadline?)

for more poems, click below

12 comments:

Thotpurge said...

Ha ha. that was a fun read!

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Delightful!❤️

Frank Hubeny said...

I liked the second stanza the best about blowing kisses and cash.

Waltermarks said...

That was great Sur. Bet he will hurry home with that last line

colorfulpen said...

Love the kisses being blown and the hope that some will return to you. Wonderful write!

Anonymous said...

Delightful ditty. So fresh and witty. (Kiss)

Grace said...

I agree, a delight to read tonight Sue ~ I think the taxes are due the end of this month, smiles ~

said...

Ha ha ha! Too cute. :)

Sabio Lantz said...

Funny, very clever

LeAnn said...

This was truly a very fun one! You are just so talented and creative. Sending loveing thoughts your way!

hyperCRYPTICal said...

A 'delight to read' from me too!
Anna :o]

Unknown said...

Nice And Very useful info,This article important the for me is.Thanks to the writer.
Happy New Year Dear.....

https://www.lukhidiamond.com/LOOSE-DIAMONDS