Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas Poetry Round-Up!

Poetry is a window to the soul...

My yuletide poems are going over pretty well this month (thanks, y'all!), so I thought I'd do a "Best of Christmas" poetry round-up from 2008 and 2009 for those who are either relatively new to my blog or would like to take a poetic walk with me down memory lane. It never hurts to have a few options when you're looking for that extra bit of holiday magic, right?

Without further ado, then, here is a sampling of Sue's Christmas cheer, to be taken plain or with egg nog. I hope these poems will speak to you, either for the first time or as a voice of Christmas posts past.

Happy Christmas to one and all!

My Christmas Card to All of You (a captioned picture verse)

A Christmas Eve Reading (nativity poem)


Beautiful Savior: Man of Galilee (Easter poem that I like reading at Christmas to remind me what it's all about)

Oh, Come Let Us Adore Him (a personal testimony)

11 comments:

jen said...

Bright lights of Christmas. That's the one!

Jess said...

So many to choose from, I can't pick a favorite, but your got tree? poem is rather hilarious.

Amy said...

I just finished reading The Best Christmas Carol Ever and so reading these just pushed me over the edge. then again, I hear moist eyes are all the rage right now. :) And Christmas Bliss will always make me laugh. :)

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

I'm glad you re-posted these, Sue. Everyone is a work of art, especially in combination with the music and pis. I especially loved Got Tree? I imagine I'd have a fake tree myself, if I celebrated.
Merry Christmas! xo

yaya said...

You have the best pics to match your lovely poetry. I really enjoyed reading these since I wasn't following any blogs when these were written. I love the Easter poem and the poem that's your personal testimony. How wonderful to have your whole family there for Sacrament meeting that Christmas. Hope that's the same scene this year!

Grandma Honey said...

Thanks Sue. Now I know where to go when I am up late again and can't sleep.

Darlene said...

So nice to revisit each of these poems. Of course I loved them all. You are just so prolific and I think it is great that you can keep writing Christmas poems and make them all so different and distinctive. It would be hard to pick a favorite among these.

Isn't this just the greatest time of the year? Even though we are all so crazy busy, we still have time to stop and read a beautiful poem about the birth of the Christ Child and shed a few tears. It does me good to do that.

Myrna Foster said...

Oh, thank you! I am relatively new, and I love your poems!

Susan Anderson said...

If you'd like to see more Christmas posts from the past, you can also do a search on my blog. That little gadget works pretty well!

=)

Dana @ Bungalow'56 said...

Sue, I loved the Got Tree poem. It could easily become a classic. You know I love my ha ha! It brings me Joy to laugh.
Dana

Jenny said...

I can't visit these links now. Arggggh. I'm going through Dana's joy posts and supposed to be working on billing and getting a granddaughter delivery in two hours...

I need a weekend to do nothing but immerse myself in your blog...