Saturday, December 19, 2009

My Christmas Card to All of You

©2010 Susan Noyes Anderson, poem only

Another year has come and gone;

the seasons turn around,

but time and space could never hush

the sacred, holy sound

of angels bending near the earth,

proclaiming songs of love

to shepherds, who found perfect light

as one star rose above

a lowly manger bed––one star,

whose warm glow showed the way

to Jesus Christ, our Savior, born

on that first Christmas Day.

I love this painting of Christ by Greg Olsen, which always reminds me of a favorite scripture: "O ye nations of the earth, how often would I have gathered you together as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, but ye would not!" (D&C 43:24). I hope that I will not be too proud to be gathered into His fold and become part of His kingdom forever. How grateful I am for the miracle of His birth and the majesty of His love and sacrifice in my behalf.

Merry Christmas!

=)

PS. Thanks to all of you for your well wishes, both by comment and by e-mail...and yes, I am feeling better already. (Another Christmas blessing!)

15 comments:

Rebecca Talley said...

Beautiful. I love the visuals and love Greg Olsen paintings. Very nice--thank you!

Glad you're feeling better.

Grandma Honey said...

It is quite the experience coming to your blog today. The most gorgeous pictures telling a story with your beautiful music playing....
Thank you :)

Anonymous said...

That picture of the tree is amazing...as well as the others...but I've never seen that one before.

I'm so glad you are feeling better...just in time for Christmas.

Unknown said...

Beautiful words...and your pictures were amazing too.
I'm really starting to feel emotional about this upcoming Christmas. I really want to feel the Spirit this year.

Amy said...

I love the reminders of the source of Christmas. I really need them this year as my son is old enough to understand now. Thank you for the pictures and reminders. They are beautiful.

Jess said...

Such beautiful art work, and words and hooray for feeling better!

Nikia, May and da kids said...

Thanks for that beautiful pick me up card and a reminder of the "bigger" picture.

I am glad your feeling much better.

That is a great scripture.

May

Darlene said...

Loved the art and I REALLY loved the poem. When I get compliments on my Chistmas poem, I tell them, "but you should have read Sue's." You are the true poet in the family.

Momza said...

Thank you Sue. Merry Christmas!

Karen said...

Merry Christmas to you! Lovely post.

Em said...

that first picture of the tree is amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

the perfect Christmas card. Thank you!

Lisa Loo said...

One of the best cards I've "received" this year! Thanx for missing me in blogland---merry cChristmas to you and your also!

alpinekleins said...

Thank you for the 5 minutes of peace - it was luxurious! Hope you have the happiest of Holidays! Best wishes to you all of yours!

Kristin

(I loved the photo of the bird - I'm addicted to taking photos of the birds outside my window, don't know what I'll ever do with the 100's I've amassed :)

Myrna Foster said...

I love the Greg Olsen painting, but I also love the Madonna painting. I don't think I've ever seen it before.