Friday, December 11, 2009

SOS (Save Our Sisters)


I was all set to write about my crazy bishop husband and his latest ward Christmas party performance (I still intend to go there tomorrow, for he is truly a nut case...in a good way)...but when I went over to my friend Jen's blog and read her post about sisters, families and tender mercies, I was touched so deeply that I just had to share.

So I hope you don't mind my sending everyone over, Jen. And I hope my sisters don't mind hearing that I love them like no other and would gladly shield them or take a few blows for them as needed.

And ya know what? I might even take one on the chin for my little brother, too (in a pinch). ;)


HOW DO PEOPLE MAKE IT THROUGH LIFE WITHOUT A SISTER?

(I'm so glad I don't have to.)

=)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went. What a sweet story. Thank you.

Elaine said...

That's so sweet!!

And in response to your comment on my blog, the first two are single!! ;)


clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Jess said...

I don't have any sisters, lots of brothers though and they're pretty good ones too, but I always wanted a sister. What a lucky thing to have a sister.

karen said...

I, too, am sisterless, and I always wished I had one. I have 3 wonderful brothers, but it's not quite the same. I was so happy when my daughter recently had a second daughter - now Mia will have a sister!

Katie Blacker said...

of course! you can use the picture. Just give me photo credit...you don't need to even link it if you don't want to.

(let me know if you want the high res file...)

love having sisters!!

Amy said...

what a sweet story! I have three sisters and know they would do anything for me, and I for them. One in particular is going through a major trial and I hate that I cannot fix it for her. But I can (and do) pray for her, and that can be more beneficial to her than anything else I could do. Sisters really are the best.

Darlene said...

Wow! What a story. I had to leave a comment on Jen's blog too. My how I've changed, eh? Still I can't help but think how Heidi thought first of her sister. I'm just so glad that it turned out as well as it did.

alpinekleins said...

We have so much in common, my husband was recently released as bishop of a singles ward and is now over the young single adult ward in our stake from a high counselor position. I can relate!

Kristin