Monday, January 12, 2009

A Stick Figure Kind of Day

Well, the last Christmas visitor has gone home (back to the U of A) and the post-holiday blahs have arrived, enhanced by the fact that my husband is working night, day, and in between lately. In other words, I have a lot of time for reflection.

Almost always, I like reflecting...but this morning I find myself reflecting on: 

(1) the six pounds I gained between Christmas and last Saturday 
(NOT the four I had estimated), 

(2) blood sugars that will surely launch a lively lecture from my doctor, and 

(3) the fact that I'm retaining enough water to float a small ship...or perhaps a fleet of them.

harrumph

Ah well, back to the drawing board

(Did I mention all I can produce today is stick figures?) 

"/

2 comments:

emily said...

it sounds like you need some heart warming soup with lots of lentils and beans. yummmm...and spices for taste of course. let me look through my recipe box...oh, and a reeeeally good romantic comedy;-)

Natalie said...

Awww, I do not like those post-holiday blues. I will be thinking of you, and sending you cheery thoughts.

And, the whole ship thing...very funny!

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations