(This is just the pictorial list. Here comes the written one!)
LET ME COUNT THE WAYS........
1. I love her for allowing and encouraging her children to express themselves freely (and often, messily).
2. I love her for inviting about half of her ward over for a "Sounds of Christmas" evening and calling me afterwards to say gleefully (even though the festive gang of kids in attendance had left her house a shambles) that she was going to make it a tradition.
3. I love her for taking my grandson to piano lessons every week and sitting out in the car with the baby to wait for him.
4. I love her for taking my granddaughter to ballet lessons and letting her wear her tutu everywhere she goes...especially to the Nutcracker!
5. I love her for finding a way to get her whole family together to cut down a fresh Christmas tree, even though my son is working six days a week and spends much of Sunday doing his duties as Elders Quorum president.
6. I love her for actually letting the kids place the ornaments on the tree...wherever they want them to be.
7. I love her for baking Christmas cookies with them and letting them make a total disaster of her kitchen while they get reaaaaally creative with the decorating of said cookies.
8. I love her for loving our family...for actually being happy to come to our home for Christmas and for cheerfully going along with all our crazy traditions. I especially love when she goes into her uncontrollable laughing fits caused by my other children's antics.
9. I love her for her love of hot chocolate with whipped cream (or any kind of chocolate with anything at all)...and for her beautiful sharing during "circle time" and her childlike excitement on Christmas morning.
10. I love her for honing her talent by taking LOTS of pictures (and faithfully blogging them!) (then letting me "borrow" them for MY blog!!)...and for making a concerted effort to ensure that her children remember us, the "far-away" grandparents, in between visits.
Can you see why I love her? It isn't hard. She is such a keeper, and I consider her my daughter in every way that matters. (I also love my son for finding her...and for more than a few other things as well!)
Merry Christmas, Heather! (By the way, this list actually goes on forever, which is why I oh-so-wisely limited myself to 10 items.)
PS. She's really cute, too. :)