Saturday, May 26, 2012

Stone Cold Foxette


Our Saturday Centus is a picture prompt again today, so Jenny must have enjoyed last week's offerings. To change things up, I've used considerably fewer than the 100 words we're allotted. (Does this make up for all those times I've been two or three words over??) heehee

∞§∞


Stone Cold Foxette
©2012 Susan Noyes Anderson

I’m steppin’ out. Yo, I got style.
Just look at me. Ya gotta smile.
I got my swing; I got my swag.
That whole glam thing? Snap. In the bag.
I really got it goin’ on.
Wassup? Just call me Donna Juan.
I got the name. I got the game.
But one thing’s puttin’ me to shame.
Check it––the golden slipper blues.
(My feet are too short for my shoes.)

∞§∞

17 comments:

Judie said...

Sue, you've done it again. You nailed the prompt. I looked at the toes of those shoes and wondered what was missing. Now I can see!!

Brian Miller said...

hahaha i was loving your swagger...then you got me chuckling....too funny...

Darlene said...

Loved this, Sue! How you can write those poems so quickly I'll never know. They are so fun to read, and I think you did a great job on the prompt. I'm sure I would never have been able to do this one. Jenny seems to be doing more of those picture prompts.

Gail said...

Fantastic job.

21 Wits said...

You certainly are my poet hero, and it's kinda like a bling piece too! I'm thinking if the real story is ever told about this photo, possibly in Jenny's post, that it's a child in women's shoes...! Don't you think?!

Unknown said...

That was delightful! You are so good at this!

Viki said...

Wow, great little poem/rap, ha. Loved the music you added too.

anitamombanita said...

oh my. You are way more observant than I am. Was going to drive all the way over the hill to the mall and photograph shoes, but nature and a good hike (and comfy hiking boots) won the call! Have a great weekend. Loved the poem!

Kim Lehnhoff said...

Great job on this one! She has too much confidence to let the blues get her down for too long!

Karen Mortensen said...

Ha ha.

karen said...

That's some good writing Sue!

Jo said...

oh you are just throwing down those lines!!!
love the rap ... uber cool!

Bookie said...

Grand little poem...nice touch about the size of the shoes...they caught my attention.

Grandma Honey said...

Donna Juan! Ha! Too funny, :)

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Sue, that was so fun! The lingo, the poem, the idea - all perfect! laurie

Michelle aka Naila Moon said...

I found myself singing the "blues" along with you.
Terrific!

~Naila Moon

http://writing-out-of-the-blue.blogspot.com/2012/05/dressed-for-successa-story.html

Jenny said...

Sue! This was super cute!

Wait until you see the 'rest of the picture' tomorrow morning!

ha!