Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Don't Forget to Fly


When colors lose their luster
and your well is running dry...
just find a nook, pick up a book,
and let your spirit fly!

©2012 Susan Noyes Anderson

I have indulged myself recently in a highly pleasurable mini-binge of Adriana Trigiani novels. The ones I've liked most of all are Lucia, Lucia and The Shoemaker's Wife...and I must admit to liking them very much. Perhaps you would too, especially if you are drawn to romantic family sagas centered around a strong female, flavored by Italy and New York, and washed in warmth, humor, and pathos. With any luck at all, these culturally rich and carefully textured books will fly you to the moon and back.

Hope you enjoy the trip as much as I did!


=)

13 comments:

karen said...

Oh good - I am almost finished with "Mockingjay" (third book in the Hunger Games trilogy) and I was looking around for some new books. Thanks for the suggestion - you haven't let me down yet.

Unknown said...

I have been reading The Robe lately. Why hasn't this beautiful book been introduced to me before now?
I always like your suggestions!

Brian Miller said...

my wife has loved all the trigianni novels...her favs are the big stone gap series as its not too far from here....

books def take me away...

jen said...

You haven't let me down yet, so I may need to get this author on my iPad before I leave for summer vacay!

Unknown said...

I love her books too. They are such fun!

momto8 said...

thanks for this recommendation..I have been reading such heavy heavy stuff...I was looking for something a little different,,thanks!!

Grandma Honey said...

I've never heard of these. Romantic family sagas are my thing!

21 Wits said...

I just adore this song, as well as most songs with the word moon in it. Why is that? While my son-in-law was in Kuwait/Iraq, if you asked my grand-daughter where her daddy was she'd say, "Working on the moon!"

anitamombanita said...

I don't know her, but then, I don't read many novels. So much non-fiction that is good reading, I just never seem to get to the novels.

4 Lettre Words said...

So true. Love this, Sue...and thanks for the tip on the Trigiani novels!

Leovi said...

One thing is sure that the books have shaped my life.

Jim Swindle said...

You give a clever, well-constructed quatrain at the beginning.

Terra said...

sue they sound lovely! I am going to check them out!