Friday, August 8, 2008

So You Think You Can Dance

I liked every one of the final four dancers and thought I didn't care that much who won, but when Katee came in third I realized how much I was actually rooting for her. It did ease the pain a bit when they gave her $50,000 for coming in first among the girls. (I wish it had been $100,000, and I bet she does, too!)

Still, I have to give Josh props. My only reservation about him was that he sweated so profusely that it made me feel sorry for his partner. (The partners all seemed to enjoy dancing with him, so I was no doubt projecting on this. When I was in middle school, I used to have to dance with a guy named Barry whose hands perspired like crazy. In those days we were taught that you never said no when someone asked you to dance. All you could do to protect yourself was try to avoid being asked. I can still recall how Barry's palm would dampen the back of my dress as we swayed to the music. Ugh. Even worse, he smelled like Velveeta cheese.) So much for sweet memories...

As for Twitch, he was a great personality, and I have a feeling he'll do very well for himself. Courtney was just plain darling; I loved her AND her Italian family.

That about sums it up. I will now prepare to go into the inevitable SYTYCD withdrawals, hoping that the Olympics can facilitate the weaning process.

=)

3 comments:

Heather Anderson said...

I sooo wanted katee to win too! Josh was my least favorite and I don't think he was nearly as talented as the others...a flaw with the show. The olympics however started out amazing this is going to be good, I think!

Heather Anderson said...

PS
Jeremiah was very into the "drum thing" from the olympics, it was very cool!

Kristin said...

I was so excited when they gave Katee 50,000 bucks. She totally deserved it. The finale could only have been more amazing if Will would have won...