Saturday, August 30, 2008

Governor Palin??!

Okay, I wasn't going to get political that often in this blog (despite the fact that it's an election year) but I have to admit that I'm dumbfounded by McCain's choice of Governor Palin as a running mate. Let's face it; if Obama is inexperienced, Palin is a babe in the woods. Two years ago, she was a mayor!

I have to admit that I liked the idea of Romney because of the economic expertise he would have brought to the ticket. But my main concern is this: McCain just lost the best argument in his favor...Obama's lack of experience. Frankly, I won't be surprised if he just lost the election as well. How can he complain about the speck in Obama's eye when the mote in Palin's is the size of a voting booth?

Hey, I could be wrong. Maybe Palin will turn out to be a marvel, a "natural" who will stand up to media scrutiny (to say nothing of Joe Biden) like a pro and come out smelling like a rose. Such virtuosity is hard to imagine in a novice, but nothing is impossible. (Anyone know a good genie?)

All I can say is this...Yesterday I was undecided, leaning towards McCain. Today I am undecided and not leaning at all. Governor Palin is going to have to convince me she's up to the job, and McCain is going to have to convince me that he used good judgment in picking her as a running mate. As you can see, the second is contingent upon the first, and if he had picked Romney, my vote would have been signed, sealed, and delivered.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I agree with everything you wrote. I feel like there is just no one now. He really weakened his ticket in my opinion. Hopefully as things play out I am wrong! Who knows.