Sunday, September 13, 2009

Hail to the Cream o' the Birthday Girl Crop!



From little miss


To wedded bliss


This is a girl you do NOT want to miss!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KRISTIN!!!

It just so happens that Kristin is the kind of niece who makes being an aunt a really great gig. You may have noticed that I'm insufferably proud of my own kids (yes, I admit it), and I'm afraid this birthday girl does nothing whatsoever to diminish my family pride issue. In fact, she increases it to a troubling degree. Maybe, in the interest of shepherding me into a state of increased humility, she could contrive to be a little less exceptional, but I fear she would not succeed. After all, (**warning: fractured idiom**) you can't make a sow's ear out of a silk purse, right? And you can't make Kristin ordinary, either. It's simply not possible.

And so, since I can't cure my sin of pride, I will indulge it...by listing a few of her amazing attributes for all to see! (My head is swelling just being her relative...) heehee

Kristin is:

1. As strong as she is sensitive and as loyal as she is lovely.
2. As feisty as she is friendly and as crazy as she is capable.
3. Not to forget charismatic, creative, complex, cuddly...
4. And a new homeowner. (Okay, that's probably not an attribute, but we're excited for her!)
5. She's also an artistic genius (no, I'm not prejudiced) who majored in advertising at BYU and made a BIG splash in New York (awards included) before bidding the Big Apple adieu to follow her husband's dream in Utah.
6. Not to mention being the co-creator of Junky Heirloom, a very cool fine paper company.
7. And smart on both sides of her brain.
8. Really, really smart, that is.
9. To say nothing of funny as can be.
10. And pretty humble about it all, considering.
11. Though very very very stubborn. And opinionated.
12. Yet willing to yield when the situation merits it.
13. Usually, that is. Mostly, anyway.
14. She's a stellar daughter, sister, wife, and friend.
15. Who really LOVES her people.
16. (She lets me be one of her people.)
17. And my family, too.
18. Which is why we love her.
19. And also because she can talk people into doing things for her (and us).
20. Like getting them (Ruby's Diner) to make milkshakes after closing time.

They definitely broke the mold when they made Kristin, which is too bad, because I think the world could probably use another one. Although maybe the two of 'em wouldn't get along. They might even come to blows. Or turn out like the Multiplicity clones. So never mind...One of her will be (and is) just perfect.

We're all hoping her birthday is, too!


Have a good one, Kris. We love you!!


PS. I was going to add that she's beautiful. But you've already seen the pictures...

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha! I love that comment of breaking the mold but wishing we could have made another one first.
What a great tribute!!
Happy Birthday Kristen!

Nikki Blake said...

Happy Birthday, Kristin.

We all love you so much and think you are the greatest! Hope you have a great day. Thanks, Sue, for being such a loving and perceptive aunt (and sister.) We are so lucky to have you in our lives.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Ryan A said...

Happy Bday K-dawg.

Nikki Nichols said...

Sue, I was just catching up on all your posts! Thanks for sharing your messages and picture in tribute to 9/11 and I loved the parenting post! You are one of a kind, I am so grateful I get to read such a gifted writers thoughts every once and a while!

Katie Blacker said...

I've had the pleasure of meeting Kristin and it's true, she is really cool.

Kristin said...

Thanks so much Aunt Sue. You really know how to make a girl feel loved. :)

Darlene said...

I am a little behind on reading and posting, but I just love everything you had to say about Kristin. I love remembering when she was growing up how much she loved learning about just everything. She used to let the pages of the encyclopedia open to any page and we would read and study everything on that page. It was great because I learned a lot I didn't know too. We're talking about a four year old here. She especially was interested in astronomy and biology {butterflies) Is that where I learned to love butterflies?

And let me tell you, that girl can talk faster than anyone I have ever heard in all of my 82 years. Her brain thinks so fast, she just has to get it all out. I admit that I have to realy concentrate at times to keep up with what she is talking about. I love her so much.

Love,
Mom