Thursday, April 3, 2014

Turning 64!

Thanks to The Beatles for giving me a tune to customize for my hubby in celebration of his advancing age... ;)

TO THE BIRTHDAY BOY NOW YOU'RE 64!

Now that you're older, losing your hair,
I don't mind at all.
You will ever after be my valentine.
Happy birthday; we're doin' fine.
When I stay up till quarter till three,
you don't lock the door.
I'll always need you; sometimes, I'll feed you.
Now you're 64!

(Sure, I'm older, too.
Still when May comes around this year,
I'm just 62.)

You're mighty handy, changing a bulb
when my light is gone.
So I'll watch your movies by the fireside,
praise your car when we take a ride.
You tend the garden, yanking up weeds.
Who could ask for more?
I'll always need you; sometimes I'll feed you.
Now you're 64!

Shall we keep on renting beachfront houses down in Newport Beach,
our old heads to clear?
(Steep at half the price!)
You'll have grandchildren on your knee…
"J," Carli, and Bryce.

Send me no postcard; drop me no line.
Never leave my view.
Keep on saying all the little things you say.
Love me truly, day after day.
Help me with numbers; fill in tax forms.
Mine forevermore.
I'll always need you; sometimes I'll feed you.
Happy 64!


I LOVE YOU!

=)
Sue

Quick update on the poetry website: It's almost ready to go online, and you will be the first to know when it does! Thanks for being so patient with me while I'm gone.

for more T posts, click below

19 comments:

Cary said...

Thanks for providing the music so I could sing the whole thing!! It was terrific -- have always liked that song and these words were fun.

Karen Mortensen said...

Cute poem. Can I borrow it in May when my husband turns 64?

VK said...

Very cute Sue. Dave's a lucky guy. Happy B-day to him.

yaya said...

Happy Bday Dave! Fun and creative way to celebrate with a fav song of mine. When it was popular who ever thought Paul would age past 64? Whoever thought we would? (well, in a few years we will!) You're a lucky lady to have a wonderful guy who's a lucky dude to have you! Enjoy the day!

cj Schlottman said...

Adorable, Sue, just adorable.

4 Lettre Words said...

Oh, yeah! Hope he had a wonderful celebration.

Brian Miller said...

ha. i hope your man enjoys his birthday...and i am sure you are making him feel special on it as well....

Betty said...

I guess it's your husband's birthday? Love that catchy tune. Happy Birthday to him. I was 64 once...but that was a while back. :)

storybeader said...

gosh - never knew all the words! How fun! {:-D

Gattina said...

Happy belayed birthday to your man ! We are both 10 years older, lol ! I always think the date in the passport doesn't mean anything, it's your mind which has to stay young !

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

How cute and clever! Loved this! Happy Birthday to your guy!!

carol l mckenna said...

Lovely birthday poem ~ Happy Birthday ~ xoxo

artmusedog and carol

EG CameraGirl said...

So sweet! I remember when I first heard the original song how far away 64 sounded. Time sure flies when you're having fun!

Leovi said...

Yes, a poem full of gratitude Birthday! Very nice !

Friko said...

I simply couldn’t read this poem without singing it!

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

that's so sweet!

Grandma Honey said...

Really cute Sue! "Sometimes I'll feed you…" you're just being honest! :)

Lola said...

Such a lot of fun - so sweet!

jen said...

The music made this so much better. Hope life is treating you well. I miss hearing from you all the time.
Take care of that birthday boy!