Wednesday, April 23, 2014

A Little Birthday Bird Told Me...

Some mothers know just what to do

to build a cozy nest.

They know where every twig belongs

and choose only the best.

Their young are nurtured carefully

in colors warm and bright.

To comfort and protect them brings

these mothers pure delight.

They gather feed to fit each need,

 
till every mouth is filled.

Their eyes are ever watchful, and

their love songs never stilled.

How wonderful such mothers are. 

What beauty they impart.

How blessed the little ones they bear

and care for, heart to heart.

Dedicated to my mother, Darlene Robbins,
and her very cozy
Robbins Nest ~
where every child 
finds love enough
to grow. 

Happy Birthday, Mom!
Would you be mad if I told
everyone how old you are today?
Because you sure don't look 87!

;)

We love you.
Sue, Dave, and the FAM
(Are you wearing your new necklace??)

10 comments:

yaya said...

Happy birthday Darlene! You look fabulous darling! Perfect poem and I love those cute pics! I hope her day is wonderful! Please give her a big hug from me!

Karen Mortensen said...

What a wonderful tribute to your mom. Happy Birthday.

EG CameraGirl said...

Happy belated birthday to your Mom. For sure she does not look 87!

Esther Joy said...

Happy Birthday to you Mother!
Beautiful post!

Thanks for your visit to JoyToday! The answer to your question on how I was able to capture those photos - the right place, the right time, a zoom lens, lots of photos, and pick the best!

Grandma Honey said...

I miss your mom and her blog so very much. She was always so interesting. I hope she had a most wonderful birthday. Maybe some day you could do an update on how she is doing?

karen said...

Happy Birthday, dear Darlene! You look amazing and so colorful. It's been so long since I've talked to you, and I hope you're feeling every bit the sassy birthday girl! XOXO

storybeader said...

beautiful photographs! What a nice birthday gift! {:-D

Karen Sue said...

i do wish the robins could find us...we had snow again this week.

Brian Miller said...

awww....big smiles....happy birthday mom! i hope she had a wonderful birthday!

LeAnn said...

Oh Sue do tell your Mom hi for me and a Late Happy Birthday. I loved the picture of them She is such a trooper. She does look wonderful for being 87 years old.
I loved the pictures of the mother bird and the thoughts behind them.
Just a lovely post!
Blessings for all you do~