Wednesday, November 17, 2010
this counsel because Ms. O gets on my last nerve these days. In general, I do NOT keep a list of the little things that bug me now and then...here or there...but today I will be compiling one directly below, for your reading (and my venting) pleasure.
It just occurred to me that this list o' mine may be the exact opposite of a gratitude list. Figures. The week before Thanksgiving I am creating a list that is the antithesis of a thanksgiving one. But that's how I'm gonna roll today, and getting the pesky stuff outta my head/off my chest will free me up to not only make but actually feel the appreciation that is mine. So, without further ado, here it is:
The List of Things that Bug Me
1. It's Indian summer in November. (Is there hope for a sustainable fall this year?)
2. One of my birch trees is ailing.
3. I found a lizard in my bathroom yesterday. A lizard!!
4. My cold from two weeks ago now has a life of its own. It may even be having kids. In my body.
5. Brandy got kicked off Dancing with the Stars prematurely. (I know; she kinda bugged me too. But fair is fair, and this wasn't.)
6. The whole medical school interview process is overlong and excruciating.
7. The whole infertility process is overlong and excruciating.
8. I fell off the healthy eating wagon nearly two weeks ago and can't seem to get back on. (Also excruciating.)
9. My house refuses to expand with my growing family. (Go figure.)
10. My mom took a spill again and really banged herself up. (No broken bones, thankfully.) Hey, I think a smidge of gratitude may be peeking through!
See what I mean? It's working already. I should have that gratitude list ready to go any day now.