Monday, January 12, 2009

A Stick Figure Kind of Day

Well, the last Christmas visitor has gone home (back to the U of A) and the post-holiday blahs have arrived, enhanced by the fact that my husband is working night, day, and in between lately. In other words, I have a lot of time for reflection.

Almost always, I like reflecting...but this morning I find myself reflecting on: 

(1) the six pounds I gained between Christmas and last Saturday 
(NOT the four I had estimated), 

(2) blood sugars that will surely launch a lively lecture from my doctor, and 

(3) the fact that I'm retaining enough water to float a small ship...or perhaps a fleet of them.

harrumph

Ah well, back to the drawing board

(Did I mention all I can produce today is stick figures?) 

"/

2 comments:

Em said...

it sounds like you need some heart warming soup with lots of lentils and beans. yummmm...and spices for taste of course. let me look through my recipe box...oh, and a reeeeally good romantic comedy;-)

Snarky Belle said...

Awww, I do not like those post-holiday blues. I will be thinking of you, and sending you cheery thoughts.

And, the whole ship thing...very funny!