Sunday, April 3, 2011

Birthday Boy, You Shake My Tree!

This message to the birthday boy
is strictly heart-to-heart
(my little way of honoring
the day you got your start).

It was the best of days, of course,
for what else could it be?
April 3rd bore fruit with seeds
that grew my family tree.

And what a tree it is!...the kind
that plants roots firm and deep.
The kind that makes me look good
by the company I keep.

That's why I think I'll go on
keeping company with you.
Though birthdays come and birthdays go,
you're still my dream come true.

And when you turn your back, hot dang,
I really like the view!

=D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAVE!

17 comments:

Brian Miller said...

woo hoo...happy birthday dave! and what a nice present for him...smiles.

Karen Mortensen said...

What a wonderful post. You are so creative. I love the pictures you used as usual. Happy Birthday to Dave. Hope he has a wonderful day.

yaya said...

Happy Birthday Dave! Great way to say it Sue!

Amy said...

Sue, you make me laugh. I love your tribute poem. Happy birthday Dave!

Lisalulu said...

yeah for birthdays... hope it was happy and rewarding

Lisa Loo said...

Cute post! Va-va--voom!! Happy Birthday Dave!

anitamombanita said...

I love this!!! So cute. Happy Bday big Dave!! Hope that cake Sue made you was super sweet!!!

Grandma Honey said...

Looks like I have a fellow birthday sharer. I hope he enjoyed having a birthday on Conf Sunday as much as I have. I was actually born on Conference Sunday...I just realized yesterday!

Very cute poem Sue...did you just write this?

Lesley said...

Very cute poem.

Susan Anderson said...

I didn't know it was your birthday today, Jill. Happy birthday!

=)

PS. And yes, I wrote it this morning before conference.

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

lol
Happy Birthday Dave hope you enjoy your day.
Sue you sure know how to wish a guy a special day. hahaha
Love ya
Maggie
PS
Tell your mom I miss her

Karen Sue said...

birthdays are fun no matter what the age!! I enjoyed mine with friends!
PS. Nice Rear View!!

Caroline said...

SO cute!!! You guys seem like such a fun couple! :)

4 Lettre Words said...

This is so great, Sue. Love it! And, I sure hope he had a wonderful celebration.

Darlene said...

I hope Dave enjoyed it half as much as I did!

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

This was fabulous - any way you look at it. Hope Dave's birthday was wonderful!

Joy For Your Journey said...

Okay, I love this!!! So very cute!! I especially love the last couple lines. I am always telling my husband that!