Friday, May 15, 2015

On Grace and Gravity: A Message from Mary


On Grace and Gravity: A Message from Mary
©2015 Susan Noyes Anderson

believe me, I adapt
carry me with you
then and now I bring
some substance
to the ins and outs
of living

this throwing-me-away
no longer needing
is a ruse
won't stop the bleeding
(je m'excuse)
is self defeating

the air is getting thin
all up in here
count down, lift off
fly free
but do remember
space can leave a void

and gravity is grounding
woos the oxygen
beware out there
the molecules are few
and far between
the grace unseen

so wear your helmet
like a rosary
breathe in, reach out
and keep me
keep The Baby, maybe
even keep the bath

it's holy water

for more magpies, click below

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

like the vocabulary you used...nice images!

Gail said...

I like this.

I have often heard "Don't throw the baby out with the bath water" and love the twist to that.

We do need to remember to make room in our life, no matter how it changes, to include what's important.

Grandma Honey said...

That ending caught me off guard and I love it! The holy water.

jabblog said...

I commend the idea of not throwing out the baby with the bath water . . .

Helena said...

I really enjoyed this - what a cracking little read!