Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Bowersox and Me: Rockin' the Glamour Shots

I'm probably smiling like that because Kate on DWTS finally went home

Recently, Kristina at Pulsipher Predictions was doing the Mr. Linky thing with so-called "glamour shots" of participating bloggers. I meant to get in on the fun (a couple of my blog pals did), but then I wound up being distracted by other, more serious topics. Today––even though I'm six days late to Kristina's party––and in the interest of offering you some lighter fare after several heavy blog meals in a row, I have opted to share this somewhat bedraggled version of my senior picture. You'll note that my eyes look like a cross between Village of the Damned and The Stepford Wives. Kind of nightmarish, and I think you'll agree that I won't need to superimpose the big hair that was going around as part of the glamour shot...because I had my own VERY big hair thing going on. (I only wish I could still find even one-fifth of that hair on my head.) Believe it or not, I used to think it was a nuisance! As if.

I also have to talk about Crystal Bowersox of American Idol, who had her own glamour shot going on last night. Boy, can that girl sing! And with such heart, too. When you watch this video, look at her face in the close-up shots and let me know if you see what I do...a sweetness that emanates from her in a way that draws me in every single time and makes me want to root for her. (And I do root for her. Stridently. I even vote!!) Yep, I have a feeling that I will be a Crystal Bowersox fan long after American Idol is over. Something about this girl just resonates with me. In a big, BIG way.

{i'm a fan}
(You may want to click off my red playlist in the right sidebar before playing.)

18 comments:

larainydays said...

I love your senior pic! You're darling. And I'm right there with you on Bowersox. She's left the rest of Americas idol idle. If she doesn't win I'll, I'll, I'll. I'll have to think of something dramatic.

Kristina P. said...

I think you are adorable! You do look slightly creepy, but that just adds to the awesomeness.

Thanks for playing!

Momza said...

What a beauty you were! I bet your parents had to guard you like Ft Knox!
As for MamaSox...love her!

Lisalulu said...

That's you? haha I went thru some of my old pictures last night, oh yea, can't believe THAT was me! and Thank you for the American Idol update. I count on you for that.

Unknown said...

I am so envious of all your hair!!! I would have had to wear a wig back then for sure!
I agree Crystal is amazing.

Susan Anderson said...

Sadly, Cheryl, I am envious of all my hair back then, too.

;)

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Aren't you just a cutie patootie? Great pic, ya look like ya know something and your not tellin'!

We never finish 'round the Ponderosa in time to watch Idol so I count on ya'll to keep me updated. Thanks!!!

From the happy hills and hollers of the Missouri Ozarks, ya'll have a wonderfully blessed day!!!

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

Hey Sue...
I'm with you girl...
Crystal Bowersocks rocks !
And you my dear are definately "ROCKIN" the Glamour Shots!!Woo-hoo!!!!
I like your eyes...Intense!
xoxo~Kathy @
Sweet Up-North Mornings...

CB said...

I LOVE your Senior picture. I think you are beautiful!! So when you said The Stepford Wives I was cracking up but I seriously don't think it applies.
However, THANK YOU AMERICA for voting off Kate Gosselin - HOLY Cow that was just plain painful to watch each week. So even though you had it in small letters - I was hip hip hooraying!!

jen said...

Weren't we all glamour shots at one time or another? And if it wasn't high school, when else could it be?
Bowersox is the real deal. Not to take anything away from her, because I do love her. But everyone else kinda sucks this season. No. Everyone else really sucks.
But America sometimes messes these things up. So I'm still holding my breath a little.

karen said...

1. Your picture rocks. You were a cute little thing, weren't you?
2. Sooo glad Katie is gone. She should have been gone 2 weeks ago at least.
3. I never get to American Idol so I depend on you - thanks for the video - she is amazing!
4. I posted earlier today but it never appeared. Weird.

Jenny said...

Your picture is, indeed, quite glamorous. Saw you on Maggies blog and stopped over. I totally love Mommasox, too. Lee, too! The rest can pretty much go home...

Amy said...

You are so darling! And I have no idea what you are talking about with the eyes. Beautiful. Really. I don't watch AI at all but she is lovely and does have quite a voice! Thanks for sharing a little with me.

Susan Anderson said...

Does anyone else have this problem I'm having where the number of posts as listed on the front page doesn't jive with the actual number of posts? Very strange stuff!

=)

Anonymous said...

You are a very pretty lady, nice senior picture. Crystal is my favorite, love her and what a singer she is. Hugs!

Janis said...

Love the pic of you! You are adorable!!! Bowersox is the next American Idol! Love her! I've downloaded all of her songs onto my IPod and just can't get enough of her! She better win!!!

Darlene said...

I just know Crystal will win, and I feel about her the way you do. She is absolutely the best. She really showed that she doesn't need the guitar at all, she can be a true soloist of the first order!! I can't even imagine that she won't win. At any rate, win or not, she will have one heck of a career. Everyone I know loves her the same way I do.

By the way, I have always liked your graduation picture. But, I always loved your hair just plain. It was to die for!

NBlake said...

She is definitely far and above the most talented of the group!