Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Be Still and Grow

photo by Francesca Woodman

©2016 Susan Noyes Anderson

Sometimes, life's colors spin away and set us spinning, too.
The air about us thickens, and we lose our point of view.

Each breath a gasp, we cling to light, unwont to disappear;
but still we feel our edges fading, blurred by swirling fear.

We call for help in urgent tones, but none can penetrate.
We spin. We spin. Inertia has become an active state.

When balance fails, we land once more in stark reality.
The truth awaits us all. Be still, and grow. Let go. Walk free.

∞§∞

"Be still, and know that I am God."
Psalm 46:10

for more magpies, click below

12 comments:

Gail said...

I just quoted this Bible verse today. It is my Mantra to deal with pain.

Wonderful direction on your poem.

jen said...

This is my life right now. You put words to my emotions so much better than I ever could.

Kathe W. said...

intensely thoughtful

Helen said...

Brilliant ~ inertia becoming an active state.

Helen Killeen Bauch McHargue said...

Excellent, especially the idea of stillness.

Kutamun said...

I like the juxtaposition between spinning and inertia , good one , Sue

Pondside said...

'Be still'. It sounds so simple, but we know just how hard it is. There are days when I don't just imagine that I am going in multiple directions. I am really doing so. I don't know what you were imagining when you wrote this poem, but it certainly spoke to me and the daily challenge at this 'sandwich' time of life.

EG CameraGirl said...

I love the depth of meaning in this poem. Thank you for sharing it.

21 Wits said...

Be still and grow, such lovely words! You have given me much to think about.... very lovely.

Michael said...

So much wisdom in that last line. Easy to read...hard to apply or deal with

LeAnn said...

wow Sue, I really love this one. I could relate because I have been there more than once. I have had to learn to be still and know. Blessings for this one and hugs~

Grandma Honey said...

Definitely through the hard times we grow....although I don't like to admit that when I'm in the midst of it.