Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My Cup Runneth Over


Thanksgiving has come and gone, I know, but today I'm feeling grateful. So grateful, in fact, that I am foregoing the Christmas post I was going to write in favor of a list of the many things that are filling my cup of thankfulness to the brim and spilling over in good feelings everywhere. Truly, I am blessed beyond measure.

I've been given:

1. A family that loves me nearly as much as I love them. (Which is quite a lot.)
2. A husband I have always been able to count on, through thick and thin. (And we've had some thin!)
3. Children who have grown up to be really good people. (Funny, too.)
4. Enough good health to get the job done...or at least, the jobs that matter.
5. A warm and cozy home, with relative financial security. (In this economy, it's ALL relative, right?)
6. The beauty of Northern California nature surrounding me. (It's glorious, and I love it.)
7. Enough interests and talents to feed my soul and bless the lives of others.
8. An ongoing curiosity about people and things; the ability to learn and grow.
9. Time to read and write and think and pray.
10. A knowledge of God and His plan for me.
11. Good friends (many of you included).
12. And, of course, my very best Friend of all: The Savior.

(I guess this turned into a Christmas post after all.)

May each of your hearts be filled with the Thanksgiving that lingers until Christmas and throughout the year. Life is a glorious thing!


JOY TO THE WORLD.
=)

If you haven't entered my 700th post giveaway yet, jump over here immediately and rectify that situation! ;)

21 comments:

CB said...

Beautiful Sue - I think we "think" about being grateful at Thanksgiving but it is wonderful to be grateful all year round.
You are a very blessed woman!
Happy December 1st!

alpinekleins said...

Hee! I felt like my Dec 1st post was of a similar theme . . . just not quite ready to move along just yet :)

Kristin

Amy said...

I agree with Cherie. We should have an attitude of gratitude all year round. Only when we do that will we ever really be able to see how we have been truly blessed.
I love your list. You deserve every single one of those blessings, and I hope your years continue to be just as blessed.

Unknown said...

I think it's a perfect way to start off the Christmas season...to be thankful, because...really all good comes from Him, whose birth we are celebrating!

Elizabeth Lyng said...

What a wonderful list! Thanks for sharing!

larainydays said...

Amen and amen.

Darlene said...

Life IS truly a glorious thing and the older one gets, the more one truly appreciates it! I loved reading about all the things you are grateful for and it really brings back to me how much we all have to be grateful for. My cup truly runneth over....Dick and I feel so blessed to have been able to find each other on this earth and to be able to go to the Temple and be sealed for time and all eternity. We have so many happy times to remember in our 38 years of marriage. We did have a few obstacles in our way but we are so grateful to have overcomed them. Our family is precious to us, every single one of you. As it grows, I am sometimes overwhelmed at the thought that if I had not produced five such wonderful children, none of you would have been here in the places you are in and with your great spouses. I do thank my Heavenly Father each night for all of you.

Anonymous said...

I love your list ! Being grateful makes life more beautiful.

Cheryl said...

Gratitude lists are always timely. I like mine daily. Thanks for sharing yours today.

lesa said...

Very nice list!

Happy Holidays!

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Such wonderful blessings to count as yours!

Jess said...

Lovely list, Sue. It's funny how Thanksgiving just naturally leads to Christmas. It seems like when I'm thinking of all I'm grateful for, I end up remembering Christ.

Lauren said...

So much to be grateful for. Thanks for my daily dose of perspective. :)

Grandma Honey said...

You don't usually see #8 on a list such as this, but I love it. I think your ongoing curiosity about people enables you to continually reach out to others. You care, you want to know...you don't pretend to care, you really do. I can feel it.

karen said...

As always, Sue, you bring me right back down to earth and remind me of what's important. If only I could figure out how to get around the little obstacles! Those trip me up more than the big ones.

yaya said...

The list reminds me that it can be Christmas all year when the Saviour is in our homes, thoughts, and lives each day. For that I'm eternally grateful!

Lisa Loo said...

Amen!

Lara Neves said...

Perfect list.

I have always been surprised how the gratitude just flows when I stop to write it down.

Momza said...

your list says it all.
today was a gift...my family is strong and healthy and knit close together in love and faith. is there anything greater?
Much love your way!

Stef said...

Sometimes it takes us being surrounded by our blessings to remember we are thankful for them!

Lisalulu said...

such warm and cozy thoughts