Sunday, September 10, 2017

God Watches Out for Me

Art by David Bowman

©2017 Susan Noyes Anderson

In ways I cannot always see,
I know God watches out for me––
His loving instinct to protect
expressed as I might not expect.

Storms threaten, and I beg release;
instead, He leads me to His peace. 
I call on Him to still the sea;
most times, He simply buoys me.

Illness descends; I pray for cure.
He lifts me higher to endure.
This mountain is too steep, I plead,
yet He removes it not from me.

Ease keeps us small, too weak to stand;
struggle and strength go hand-in-hand.
Still, when woes rush at me in pairs,
sometimes I wonder if He cares.

Then in my heart of hearts I kneel,
as He assures His love is real.
In ways I cannot always see,
I know God watches out for me.

for more poems, click below

21 comments:

Marja said...

He watches over us giving us strength when we learn our lessons

John Buchanan said...

Thanks for this reassuring poem, may he watch over you always.

Dr. Vandana Sharma said...

So, beautiful and this bond between god and humans is a pious one. I loved the rhyming pattern.

Thotpurge said...

struggle and strength do go hand in hand....

Mary said...

Yes, God is always watching over us. This poem expresses a deep faith -and very well indeed!

Sanaa Rizvi said...

He most certainly does!! Beautifully written.

brudberg said...

I wonder if he does to me... but I'm glad that you find your comfort with God.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I love the message in this poem, being given strength to endure, struggle and strength going hand in hand.........very reassuring.

indybev said...

The phrase that stood out for me was "struggle and strength go hand in hand". Faith is a fortress!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Bev. Standout line for me too. So true.

Donna said...

Lovely and yes he does look out for each of us even if we don't realize it right away.

Donna@LivingFromHappiness

Magaly Guerrero said...

As long as your heart feels it real... :-)

Audrey Howitt aka Divalounger said...

Your faith just shines out from this piece!

tonispencer said...

Yes God does watch over us His sheep. Lovely poem about faith.

yaya said...

So true that He doesn't take the trial away, just helps us get through it. So many lessons are learned during those times. Glad to hear your Mom is well. My Mom is doing good too. She and my Sister went to Florida to visit my brothers. Good thing they came home last week! Take care Sue!

Wendy Bourke said...

Lovely, serene and eloquently rendered.

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

A great statement of faith.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this inspiration.

Grandma Honey said...

This made me cry, because I KNOW it's true!
You are brilliant.

LeAnn said...

Oh, my dear friend; this is exactly how it is. This one touched my heart in a very deep way. You always bring either tears or smiles and this one a bit of both. You are a fantastic poet and I love that you share your talent with us all. You are amazing and I love you much! Hugs~

Karen Sue said...

Loving this post.
how hard we fight sometimes, needlessly, because he will take care of it.