Thursday, February 4, 2016

Thine Arm Is Ample

For more warm hearts, click below.

I am really enjoying Jenny Matlock's new Warm Heart Wednesday meme. Last week I shared the poem I wrote for my mom when she and my stepfather were having a rough time with their health. Today, I am sharing the words I wrote for him. The poor guy has been having some atrial fibrillation ablation complications, along with an autoimmune anemia that has been pretty resistant to treatment. Thankfully, he is improving at last, but I was happy to find this image to warm his heart and mine, reminding us that the Lord really is there for His children when we need Him most.

image credited to LDS Church

©2016 Susan Noyes Anderson

When I am weakened by the pain,
the sorrow every life must bear,
I reach out for thy steadfast hand
and feel a sacred presence there.

Thine arm is ample for the load;
my burden does not weigh thee down.
Thy loving kindness lifts me up
and carries me through rocky ground.

My strength is ever in thee, Lord,
and I shall offer up my part:
a humble mind, a seeking soul,
a constant and believing heart.

∞§∞

"And ye cannot bear all things now; nevertheless, be of good cheer, for I will lead you along. The kingdom is yours and the blessings thereof are yours, and the riches of eternity are yours. And he who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious; and the things of the earth shall be added unto him, even an hundred fold, yea, more."  D&C 78:18

12 comments:

Gattina said...

Very nicely written !

EG CameraGirl said...

Comforting words!

carol l mckenna said...

Admire your faith ~ lovely spiritual post ~

Happy Weekend to you, ^_^

Gail said...

A message I needed. Thank you.

Karen Mortensen said...

Thanks. Did you write all of this just for me? Loved that scripture.

Pondside said...

'A constant and believing heart' - exactly. We are not at all alone, but we must stay firm and determined in faith.

Betty said...

Very nice. I'm glad your step father is doing better!

LeAnn said...

Because I can relate to this in more than one way; I really really love this one. I love the picture too. I do pray that your Mom's sweet husband will do well. Getting old is hard. We do need a constant believing heart and a deep love for our Savior. Blessings and hugs!

Friko said...

Heartwarming and comforting.
Bless you.

Jim said...

This posts warms me also, Sue. I woke up this morning and couldn't sleep any more so I hade some decaf and peanut butter crackers, and am returning commets from last week.
I'm sorry I didn't return your Warm Heart sooner. Thank you for peeking in on my 'auto-posted' "Found Money" post. It would have worked for my "F" post also but I have another. We have been on a Caribbean cruise with limited Internet.
I may 'post and run' some more this week again. My AAA stent graft has sprung an "endoleak" and will a procedure for repair of it this Thursday. I would like your prayers, a lot of my Christian friends are also praying. It will be done at St. Luke's Hospital here in Houston, early in the morning. At least that is my schedule made a couple of weeks ago.
..

Grandma Honey said...

I'm sorry Dick is having such a hard time but good to know he is improving. My heart goes out to them both.

Jenny said...

Sue.

Sweet.

This is like a hymn. I can hear it in my head with blended voices soaring to heaven.

Your every word warms my heart.

You are a lovely person.

Thank you for linking to week 12.

XOXOXOXOX